One accessory designed and sold by Laser-View Technologies for Dimetix Lasers are Explosion Proof Enclosures for use in Hazardous Environments.
There are many recognized types of protection for hazardous area electrical instruments, each type of protection achieving its safety from ignition in different ways. Special consideration must be given to design and construction in hazardous areas as a precaution to eliminate ignition sources.
Examples of hazardous environments include:
- Chemical Plants
- Waste Water Treatment Plants
- Coal Fired Power Plants
- Bulk Material Handling
The (4) Explosion Proof Enclosures pictured are a Laser-View Technologies’ accessory designed for Dimetix D Series Lasers. It is important to note the approvals, compliances, and certifications apply to the enclosure itself, rather than the laser unit. The container is NEMA 4X rated and engineered as a two-chamber enclosure to segregate laser and power/control components.
- NEMA 4X standard for outdoor/washdown applications
- Dual-sided instrument enclosure keeps power supply and laser in separate chambers
- Non-corrosive materials
- Approvals, Compliances, & Certifications
- Approvals: UL, CSA (Canada), and FM Atex
- Compliances: NEC Class 1, Div 1&2 (Groups B,C,&D), Class II, Div 1&2 (Groups E,F,&G); NEMA 7&9 (Optional 3, 4X), Atex
- Certifications: Atex certificate number: FM09ATEX0073U
If you are interested in a Laser-View Technologies’ Explosion Proof Enclosure for your Dimetix laser, contact Laser View Technologies for more information.