Every year, an average of 37,000 fires occur at industrial and manufacturing facilities. They can contain hazards that harm employees, cause damage to equipment, and result in property loss. Some of the most common hazards are:
- Combustible dust
- Electrical hazards
- Extreme temperatures
- Airborne contaminants
- Flammable liquids and gasses
When working in industrial environments like these, safety is of the utmost concern. That’s why it’s extremely important to enable the use of safety equipment so accidents can be limited or avoided entirely.
One such solution is explosion proof enclosures for electrical equipment. For example, Laser-View Technologies designs and sells rugged, explosion proof enclosures that are specifically built to fit Dimetix D-Series long-distance lasers.
These are ideal for hazardous environments. For example, they can be used in:
- Chemical plants
- Bulk material handling
- Coal fired power plants
- Waste water treatment plants
- Anywhere other locations where you need sensors to last under harsh conditions
Laser-View Technologies explosion proof enclosures meet several safety requirements and operating guidelines. It’s important to note that the approvals, compliances, and certifications apply to the enclosures only, not to the Dimetix laser units themselves.
Safety requirements include:
- They are UL, CSA, and ATEX certified
- The classified area housings are rated for both gas (CL1) and dust (CL2) atmospheres
- The container is NEMA 4X rated and engineered as a two-chamber enclosure to segregate laser and power/control components
Other key features include:
- NEMA 4X standard for outdoor/washdown applications
- Dual-sided instrument enclosure keeps power supply and laser in separate chambers
- Non-corrosive materials
- Approvals, Compliances, & Certifications
- Approvals: UL, CSA (Canada), and FM Atex
- Compliances: NEC Class 1, Div 1&2 (Groups B,C,&D), Class II, Div 1&2 (Groups E,F,&G); NEMA 7&9 (Optional 3, 4X), Atex
- Certifications: Atex certificate number: FM09ATEX0073U
Safety issues are a serious concern for inherently dangerous industrial environments. By providing enclosures like these, our goal is to enhance reliability, protect lasers and equipment, and improve the safety conditions of workers in harsh environments.
Interested in learning more? Contact Laser-View Technologies to discuss their explosion proof enclosures today.