What is the optimal measuring surface for Dimetix Lasers?
An optimal measurement surface has the following properties:
- Flat, fine, and not porous
- Diffuse reflective (not glossy)
- Bright and stable/low vibration
- Bigger than the laser spot
Measurement can be divided into two use cases:
- Natural measurement surfaces: None/low influence on measurement surface.
- Selectable measuring surface:
- Short range – White-matt surface (e.g. white matt sprayed board as an economical solution) or Dimetix orange reflective target for better performance
- Wide range – Dimetix orange reflective target
The possible measuring range of the sensors must be checked according to each Dimetix Laser’s specifications.